Academic Collaborator Member Institutions
Academic Affiliate Member Institutions
Opportunities for students and faculty through NEXus 3.0
Welcome to NEXus 3.0
A major focus of doctoral education is research. NEXus 3.0, with a focus on research and scholarship collaboration, signifies a new initiative for the NEXus collaboration. The purpose of NEXus 3.0 is to offer doctoral students and faculty opportunities to reach out to academic collaborators across the country to build research teams including dissertation supervisory committees, share expertise, and leverage access to multi-site projects. Below are the guidelines for identifying/contacting faculty and enrolling in an Independent Study via NEXus.
- In consultation with their faculty advisor, the NEXus student identifies faculty with particular research interest and or area of expertise. (see list of participating faculty below)
- Student contacts faculty member to set up an Independent Study (IS).
- Student completes the NEXus Independent Study Agreement form and submits it to the NEXus Campus staff Coordinator.
- All NEXus registration deadline dates and policies apply to the independent study.
- The # of units for the independent study are flexible.
- The NEXus Common Price will be charged for the independent study based on agreed upon units.
- The NEXus Independent Study Agreement form will be used along with NEXus Tracking form.
Download list of participating faculty here.<< Back to homepage